The Purchasing Buyer is responsible for overseeing a book of vendors for all aspects of the Purchasing process including creating skus and POs, working with merchandising and marketing to obtain specific products around promotions, and maintaining vendor relations as needed.
This position reports to: Purchasing/Merchandising Manager
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with assigned vendors
- Facilitate all price changes from vendors to ensure compliance
- Work with merchandisers to obtain close outs and over stocks from vendors
- Review inventory weekly and create PO’s to vendors for items under minimum threshold
- Work with vendors to facilitate out of stocks and past due POs
- Obtain the lowest purchase cost possible for merchandise being purchased on behalf of Famous Smoke Shop (FSS)
- Keep inventory at an appropriate level as defined by management. Specifically, being in stock at all times on those items that are sold by the company, and not having excess inventory that reduces usable cash flow to the organization.
- Review new product offerings from vendors
- Office suite – including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook
- Magento and/or Netsuite experience a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across departments to solve problems
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years purchasing experience preferred. Experience in an FDA-regulated industry a plus.