Famous Smoke Shop is seeking an Email Marketing Manager to join our team. We’re a world leader in the premium cigar business, family owned for over 80 years – and we’re still growing. We’re looking for someone who’s ready to prove their multichannel/omnichannel marketing potential, creating programs to build sales and boost customer retention through email, push notifications, and SMS.
We’re counting on you to collaborate with our in-house creative team to prepare and execute emails for all our lines of business – this includes sales, branding, customer retention and customer advocacy campaigns, as well as developing and designing automation campaigns that will touch customers at various point in the funnel (on-boarding, first-time purchases, promos, lapse/winback campaigns, etc).
Then comes reporting: in addition to data analysis and campaign testing, you’ll be monitoring and maintaining email list health. Your reporting, input and ideas will fuel the ongoing effort and changes to make our email messaging more valuable to customers, contribute to our brand, and convert in support of our business goals.
And we’re still growing: that means you’ll be an integral voice in developing these outbound marketing channels into significant components of our maturing omnichannel marketing strategy. This is an excellent opportunity for an up-and-coming email/outbound marketing expert who’s looking for a chance to develop strategies, rather than just follow them. This position works as part of our Marketing team, and success requires a can-do attitude plus an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Responsible for executing multi-channel strategies to drive customer engagement and purchase activity
- Manage end-to-end execution of custom and automated email campaigns, including audience targeting, channels (email, push, and SMS), creative requirements, and analyzing results
- Build out a variety of campaign types including behavioral, merchandising, and product awareness
- Manage a marketing calendar to keep cross-functional teams informed of upcoming and in-progress campaigns
- Manage project and campaign workflow with Merchandising and Marketing teams
- Build reporting on channels and individual campaigns: measure effectiveness, implement improvements, and prepare/present that info to team members and interested parties
- Perform QA tests and verify email renders accurately across various email clients and ISP’s
- Perform cross-device testing of email campaigns (Desktop vs Mobile)
- Identify, interpret, and capitalize on current/growing email marketing trends
- Collaborate with other parts of the business including Merchandising, Marketing, and Creative Teams to share progress, learnings, and best practices
- Conduct, gather and analyze market research to determine email marketing opportunities and competitiveness
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of relevant B2C experience (e-commerce retail experience preferred)
- Omnichannel marketing experience with database segmentation, personalization, buyer journey, lifecycle etc is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and building large-scale email campaigns with marketing automation platforms (MailChimp, DotDigital, Salesforce, Klaviyo)
- Experience planning, implementing, and analyzing A/B tests
- Experience with project management and organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Results-driven marketer with Google Analytics skills; should be comfortable with Excel (functions, pivots, etc.) with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Experience transforming creative assets into emails, push notifications, etc in a marketing automation platform
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of departments/teams
- Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic HTML or CSS knowledge preferred